Outside in Aspen is a unique event that offers a chance to…
- Attend one of 10 adventure clinics with elite athletes in rafting, kayaking, climbing a 14er, stand-up paddle boarding, mountain biking, road biking, rock climbing, trail running, and fly-fishing
- Win a $6000 bike, a $2000 camera and many more prizes
- Hang out at The Sky Hotel for the welcome party and après pool party with DJ and prizes
- Check out the demos, exhibitors, family adventure program, and get a free chair massage at Adventure Base Camp
- Enjoy a beverage at the Saturday Beer Garden with live music from Jes Grew
- Hear a panel of elite adventure athletes and Outside editors discuss outdoor-related issues and topics
Kicking it off
Outside in Aspen kicked off at the Sky Hotel on Friday night where guests were welcomed with music, appetizers and, thanks to Kru, the vodka flowed like wine.
Mountain biking the Rim Trail in Snowmass
We signed up for mountain biking at Outside in Aspen for a couple of reasons.
- We had only mountain biked twice before. The first time was in Nevis. I got hit by a goat, it broke the bike and I had to walk all the way down. The second time was in Beaver Creek last year in August. We rode up Cinch, it was super hot and not exactly exciting.
- With Outside in Aspen, we had a chance to ride with Sari Anderson, and one thing I’ve learned over the years is to never pass up an opportunity to do anything with an expert.
Johnny and Trevor of Blazing Adventures at Snowmass were our guides and took excellent care of us.
We did the Rim Trail at Snowmass – 17 switchbacks up to the ridge and then a single-track trail with great views.
It was a great morning – not sure if I’m ready to give up my road bike, but learned a ton and had a lot of fun!
Disclosure & disclaimer: The content & opinions expressed are entirely our own. Reviews are opinion only and Chasing Light Media accepts no responsibility for how the information is used. Some posts on this website may contain links to our partners’ websites and Chasing Light Media may be compensated by those partners.