🏠 » Genealogy » Phillis and Thomas
Compiled and written by Kimberli Faulkner Hull
1st cousin 1x removed
The contents of this website, including images and photos, may neither be copied nor otherwise used or posted elsewhere without explicit permission. Citing this page
© Kimberli Faulkner Hull
Patricia Ruth Phillis was born on 1 December 1932 in Chicago, Cook County, Illinois to Clarence Edgar Phillis and Kathlyn Morgan.1 In her childhood, Patricia lived with her parents and siblings at 615 Webster in Chicago.2 Patricia married Joseph Mucia in Cook County on 27 June 1949.3
[Open Endnotes in separate tab]
Patrica married second to Williard E. Powers in 1960 and third to a Mr. Sheldon in the early 1960s.4 Patricia’s parents, Clarence and Kathlyn, died in 1962 and 1963, respectively.5
Patricia Ruth Phillis Sheldon died on 17 September 1978 in Chicago at the age of 46.6 Patricia is buried in Oakridge-Glen Oak Cemetery in Hillside, Cook County, Illinois.7
1. Illinois, Cook County, Certificate of Birth, Chicago, no. 45687, Patricia Ruth Phillis, 1 Dec 1932. Father: Clarence Phillis, age 31, born in Cambridge, Ohio. Occupation: Chauffeur, taxi company. Mother: Kathlyn Morgan, age 31, born in Anna, Illinois.
2. 1940 U.S. census, Chicago Cook County, Illinois, population schedule, enumeration district (ED) 103-2816, sheet 6B, ward 44, dwelling 139, family 197, Clarence Phillis household.
Address: 615 Webster
– Clarance, age 40, married, born in Ohio, truck driver, rugs
– Kathleen, wife, age 38, married, born in Illinois
– Clarence, son, age 18, single, born in Illinois, glue sizer, rugs
– Ethel, daughter, age 15, born in Illinois
– Julia, daughter, age 12, born in Illinois
– Patricia, daughter, age 7, born in Illinois
3. Cook County, Illinois Marriage Index, no. 63CF3B9C-EA62-4CDA-957D-E8AA0C17E4CB, Joseph Mucia Jr–Patricia Phillis, 27 June 1949.
Also, “Joseph Mucia,” obituary, Beverly Ridge Funeral Home (Chicago, Illinois), 22 January 2019.
Also, Mrs. Patricia Mucia in Helen Stark obituary in 1954.
“Helen Phillis Stark,” obituary, Chicago Tribune (Chicago, Illinois), 17 Jun 1954, p. 79, col. 7.
4. Cook County, Illinois Marriage Index, no. 076D1F95-CD3F-4EDF-B24D-F6A2B11F9336, Williard E. Powers–Patricia Mucia, 11 June 1960.
Also, Mrs. Patricia Sheldon in her mother’s obituary, Kathlyn Morgan Phillis.
“Kathlyn Phillis,” obituary, Chicago Daily News (Chicago, Illinois), 26 Nov 1963, p. 38, col. 3.
5. Illinois, Cook County Deaths Index, Chicago, Cook, Illinois, Clarence E. Phillis, 21 Jan 1962. Birth Date: 31 May 1901, Cambridge, Ohio. Address: 3137 W. Armitage Avenue. Age: 60. Occupation: Truck Driver. Funeral Home: Drake-Braithwaite. Burial: 24 Jan 1962, Memory Gardens, Arlington Heights, Illinois. Parents: John Phillis and Julia Thomas.
Also, Illinois, Cook County Deaths, Chicago, Cook County, Kathlyn Phillis, 25 Nov 1963. Birth: 22 Aug 1901, Anna, Illinois. Age 62. Widowed. Occupation: Glassblower. Parents: Earnest Morgan and Arvazine Smith. Funeral home: Daniel R. Beinecke. Cemetery: Memory Gardens.
6. Illinois, Cook County Deaths Index, Chicago, Patricia Sheldon, 17 Sep 1978.Birth: 1 Dec 1931, Illinois. Address: 640 North Wabash. Age:46. Divorced. Occupation: Waitress. Funeral Home: Westfall. Burial: 18 Sep 1978, Oakridge Cemetery, Hillside, Illinois. Parents: Clarence and Kathlyn Phyllis.
U.S., Social Security Applications and Claims Index, Patricia Ruth Phillis, birth 1 Dec 1932, Chicago, Illinois, death Sept 1978. Parents: Clarence E Phillis and Kathlyn Morgan.
Notes: Nov 1948, Patricia Ruth Phillis. Oct 1950, Patricia Ruth Mucia. Sep 1963, Patricia Sheldon. 9 Oct 1975, Patricia Sheldon.
7. Find A Grave, memorial 198962750, Patricia Ruth “Pat” Phillis Sheldon (1932–1978), Oakridge-Glen Oak Cemetery, Hillside, Cook County, Illinois; no headstone photo.
Citing this page: Kimberli Faulkner Hull, author, “ Patricia Ruth “Pat” Phillis Sheldon” Cool Adventures ( https://cooladventures.com/genealogy/patricia-ruth-phillis-sheldon/: posted 2022).