Compiled and written by Kimberli Faulkner Hull © Chasing Light Media
The contents of this website, including images and photos, may neither be copied nor otherwise used or posted elsewhere without explicit permission. Citing this page
- Birthdate of 6 Sept 1836 is from entry in Ann M. Hull’s diary on 6 Sept 1857 reads: “Feel much better. Am 21 years old today.” Ann M. Hull, Diary of 1857, (Susquehanna County, Pennsylvania), 1-6 September 1857, privately held by Faulkner-Hull Collection. Birth location is listed on Vermont death records, Whitingham, Windham County, Vermont, Deaths Register 1859, p. 36, no. 26, Ann Hull, 15 May 1859. Birthplace: Whitingham. Parents: Emory and Lydia Hull.
- 1850 U.S. census, West Springfield, Hampden County, Massachusetts, p. 334 (penned), dwelling 350, family 394, Clorinda McIntyre household. Census page dated 21 Aug 1850.
Clorinda McIntyre, age 21, born in Massachusetts
Lucretia Fessenden, age 17, born in Vermont
Mary A. Hull, age 19, born in Vermont
Fanny S. Hull, age 17, born in Vermont
Ann M. Hull, age 14, born in Vermont
Mary E. Cowan, age 24, born in Massachusetts
Cynthia B. Taylor, age 20, born in Vermont
Loraine W. Strong, age 18, born in Vermont
Mary Brown, age 18, born in Vermont
Caroline Thurber, age 21, born in Vermont
Mariella Richards, age 20, born in Massachusetts
Margaret Richards, age 17, born in Massachusetts
Frances Lamberton, age 17, born in Massachusetts
Harriet Spencer, age 21, born in Massachusetts
Janette Wilcox, age 27, born in Connecticut
- 1850 U.S. census, Whitingham, Windham County, Vermont, population schedule, p. 160 (penned), dwelling 28, family 28, Jacob Chase household. Census page dated 17 Sept 1850.
Jacob Chase, age 70, farmer, born in Massachusetts
Anna Chase, age 66, born in Massachusetts
Lydia Hull, age 42, born in Vermont
Mary Hull, age 19, born in Vermont
Fanny Hull, age 17, born in Vermont
Anna Hull, age 14 born in Vermont
Lucy Hull, age 11, born in Vermont
- Death of 15 May 1859 on all death records; cause of death conflict between records.
Death register states cause of death was consumption, Whitingham, Windham County, Vermont, Deaths Register 1859, vol. B2, p. 36, no. 26, Ann Hull, 15 May 1859. Age: 22 years, 8 months. Place of death: No. 2. Cause of death: Consumption. Age: Female. Birthplace: Whitingham. Parents: Emory and Lydia Hull.
Vermont Deaths-Female card states cause of death was tumor in side, New England Historic Genealogical Society, Boston, Massachusetts; State of Vermont, Vermont Vital Records through 1870, Death-Female card, no. 669, Ann Hull, 15 May 1859. Parents: Emory and Lydia Hull. Birthplace: Whitingham. Age: 22 years, 8 months. Cause of death: Tumor in side. Note: Cause of death of person on line above Ann on register was tumor in side.
Note: Ann frequently stated she was ill throughout her 1857 diary. She speaks of both consumption and an intense pain in her side.
Additional death records: State of Vermont, Montpelier, State Capitol Building, Secretary of State, Vermont Vital Records, Anna M. Hull, death 15 May 1859, Whitingham, Vermont. Age 22 yrs, 8 mos. Cemetery: Green.
- Headstone reads: Ann M. Hull / Died / may 15, 1859. / E. 22 yr”s & 8 m’s.
Find A Grave, memorial 138500711, Ann M. Hull (1836–1859), Green Cemetery, Whitingham, Windham County, Vermont; headstone photo by Taforalt, memorial created by James Bianco (contributor 47745493).
Citing this page: Kimberli Faulkner Hull, author, “Ann M. Hull,” Chasing Light Media, Cool Adventures ( https://cooladventures.com/collection/ann-m-hull-1836-1859/ : posted 2021).