Compiled and written by Kimberli Faulkner Hull © Chasing Light Media
Grandniece of John A. Faulkner
The contents of this website, including images and photos, may neither be copied nor otherwise used or posted elsewhere without explicit permission.
In 1880, John, age 8 months, was living with his parents and older sister, Mary, in the Curtail district of Hopkins County. Lew Oates, a student, was also living with the family.2
It is believed that John died in infancy or childhood before April 1888.3
Citing this page: Kimberli Faulkner Hull, author, “John A. Faulkner,” Chasing Light Media, Cool Adventures (https://cooladventures.com/genealogy/john-a-faulkner-1879-1888/ : posted 2021).
- 1880 U.S. census, Curtail, Hopkins County, Kentucky, population schedule, enumeration district (ED) 190, sheet 46 B, dwelling 319, Hutch B Faulkner household.
– Hutch B Faulkner, age 24, farmer, born in Kentucky, both parents born in Kentucky
– Margaret F. Faulkner age 21, wife, born in Kentucky, both parents born in Kentucky
– Mary E. Faulkner, age 1, daughter, born in Kentucky
– John A. Faulkner, age 8 months, son, born in October 1879 in Kentucky
- John was not listed with his siblings when his mother, Margaret Francis Faulkner, filed a Guardianship Bond, Hopkins County, Kentucky, Guardian Bonds 1886-1895, p. 137, 20 April 1888, Mrs. M. F. Faulkner for guardianship of Mary E., Chas. F., and Thos. B. Faulkner.