Compiled and written by Kimberli Faulkner Hull
Niece by marriage of Hazel Bradshaw Faulkner
The contents of this website, including images and photos, may neither be copied nor otherwise used or posted elsewhere without explicit permission. Citing this page
© Kimberli Faulkner Hull
Hazel Eleanor Bradshaw was born on 21 October 1918 in Cook County, Illinois to John Bradshaw and Sylvia Thacker Bradshaw.1
Hazel married Earl Axel Benson on 25 July 1935 in Lake County, Indiana.2
The couple had one daughter, Nancy Roberta.3
A personal remembrance from the author…
Uncle Phil was my father, Ernie’s, closest brother. As a little girl, we’d travel to Chicago to visit Uncle Phil and Aunt Hazel from the small town where we lived in Kansas and it was magical. Uncle Phil and Aunt Hazel would take me to Marshall Field’s and spoil me with treasures, followed by a stop at their favorite bakery, where we’d pick up a huge layer cake. As we’d drive through the city in Phil’s big sedan with the windows down, all the sounds, colors, sights and energy of the city would mesmerize me. Phil and Hazel were fun and kind and are truly missed.
Phil and Hazel lived in the Chicago area until they moved to Florida in 1973.5
Hazel died on 6 March 1976 in Cocoa Beach, Brevard County, Florida, and is buried in Beverly Cemetery in Blue Island, Cook County, Illinois.6
Hazel Bradshaw Faulkner Obituary
1. Chicago, Cook County, Illinois, Cook County Clerk’s Office, Genealogy Records, Birth Index, no. 6039005, Cook County, Illinois, Hazel Bradshaw, 21 Oct 1918.
Also, Illinois Department of Public Health, Division of Vital Records, Springfield, Illinois, Cook County Birth Certificates, 1878–1922, Hazel Eleanor Bradshaw, 21 Oct 1918. Parents: John Bradshaw and Sylvia Thacker.
2. Lake County, Indiana, Marriage Record, 11 May 1935-14 Aug 1935, p. 466, license no. 38458, Earl Benson–Hazel Bradshaw, 25 July 1935. License and marriage: 25 July 1935. Return: 1 Aug 1935.
3. “Nancy Benson Julius,” obituary, News-Press (Ft. Myers, Florida), 30 Dec 2015, col. 3.
4. Chicago, Cook County, Illinois, Cook County Clerk’s Office, Genealogy Records, Marriage Index, Cook County, Illinois, license no. A967FCF6-171E-4864-A04D-C1307D9EDD32, Philip L. Faulkner–Hayel Benson, 19 Feb 1949.
5. Move date listed in Phil’s obituary. “Philip L. Faulkner, obituary, Orlando Sentinel (Orlando, Orange County, Florida), 31 Dec 1985, p. 26, col. 2.
6. “Hazel E. Faulkner,” obituary, Star Tribune (Chicago, Cook County, Illinois), 11 Mar 1976.
Also, Find A Grave, memorial 195008150, Hazel E Bradshaw Faulkner (1918-1976), Beverly Cemetery, Blue Island, Cook County, Illinois; memorial created by Kimberli Faulkner Hull (contributor 49572158).
7. “Philip L. Faulkner, obituary, Orlando Sentinel (Orlando, Orange County, Florida), 31 Dec 1985, p. 26, col. 2.
8. Find A Grave, memorial 195007906, Philip Lawrence Faulkner (1916-1985), Glen Haven Memorial Park and Mausoleum, Winter Park, Orange County, Florida; memorial created by Kimberli Faulkner Hull (contributor 49572158).
Citing this page: Kimberli Faulkner Hull, author, “Hazel Eleanor Bradshaw Benson Faulkner,” Cool Adventures ( https://cooladventures.com/genealogy/hazel-eleanor-bradshaw-faulkner-1918-1976/ : posted 2021).