Compiled and written by Kimberli Faulkner Hull
Cousin of Susanne A. Fancher Doughty
The contents of this website, including images and photos, may neither be copied nor otherwise used or posted elsewhere without explicit permission. Citing this page
© Kimberli Faulkner Hull
Susanne Alice Fancher was born on 21 July 1941 at Little Company of Mary Hospital in Evergreen Park, Cook County, Illinois to Leonard Everett Fancher and Frances M. Faulkner.1 Susanne’s first residence was 10417 State Street in Chicago, where she and her parents were soon joined by her younger sister, Judith.2
Susanne and Judith attended Hirsch High School in Chicago, Illinois.3
Susanne married first to Gerald Lee Woodard (1939-2012) and second to Robert Doughty.4
Susanne died on 28 Feb 1998 in Elmira, Chemung County, New York.5
Doughty, Susanne F.,
Employee Psychiatric Center.
Age 56, of Pine City, NY, died Feb. 28, 1998 in the privacy of her own home. She is survived by her loving husband Robert; and children; daughter and son-in-law Cheri and Jay Andrews of Perkasie, PA; son and daughter-in-law William and Christie Woodard of Pine City; daughter and son-in-law Deanna and Benjamin Bernstein of Horseheads; sons and daughter-in-law Gerald and Joan Doughty of Ft. Leonardwood, MO, Jason Doughty and fiancé Stephanie Weaver of Corning and daughter, Elizabeth Doughty at home; grandchildren Jamie and Nichole Woodard of Pine City, Sarah, Rachel and Rebecca Andrews of Perkasie, PA, Kyle Folkers and Susanne Bernstein of Horseheads, Bobbie and Mitchell Doughty of Ft. Leonardwood, MO. A sister, Judy Hatch of Phoenix, AZ. Sue was pre-deceased by her son Donald Vernon Doughty in 1990.
Born at Little Company of Mary Hospital in Evergreen Park, IL. Sue obtained AAS degree in nursing from Corning Community College in 1978. She worked for the Elmira Psychiatric Center since 1979. Sue was a past Matron of the Harmony/Loyal Chapter of the Order of Eastern Star. She was an avid Genealogist, a devoted wife and mother, a loyal and giving friend. Sue will be missed by many whose lives she touched by her wit, wisdom, and caring.
Family and friends are invited to call at the Olthof Funeral Home, Inc. on Tuesday, March 3, 1998 from 2-4 and 7-9 PM. A Memorial Service will be held at the Westminster Presbyterian Church on Maple Ave. in Elmira on Wednesday at 11AM, with Rev. Cathryn Black officiating. Interment will be in the Forest Lawn Memorial Park at the convenience of Sue’s family. Those wishing may make memorial contributions in Sue’s name to Westminster Presbyterian Church, 1009 Maple Ave. of Elmira, NY 14904 or any Children with Aids Foundation.
“Susanne F. Doughty, Employee Psychiatric Center,” obituary, Star-Gazette (Elmira, New York), 1 March 1998, p. 18, col. 2.
“Mending a Broken Heart,” Star-Gazette, 10 May 1998
1. Social Security Administration, U.S., Social Security Applications and Claims Index, 1936-2007, Susanne Fancher Woodard Doughty. Birth: 21 July 1941, Evergreen Park, Cook County, Illinois. Death: Feb 1998. Parents: Leonard Fancher and Frances M. Faulkner.
Also, hospital listed in obituary, “Susanne F. Doughty, Employee Psychiatric Center,” obituary, Star-Gazette (Elmira, New York), 1 March 1998, p. 18, col. 2.
Also, Judith Fancher Hatch’s birth date and location were told to the author by her cousin, Judy Fancher Hatch.
Also, middle name on son’s marriage record.
Back to article
2. Parents’ address from 1935-1942. 1940 U.S. census, Chicago, Cook County, Illinois, population schedule, enumeration district (ED) 103-588, sheet 8A, dwelling 166, Leonard Fancher household.
Address: 10417 State Street, same residence in 1935.
– Leonard Fancher, age 35, married, born in Illinois, occupation: teletype man for telephone company
– Frances Fancher, wife, age 30, married, born in Missouri
Also, 10417 State Street was the address listed by Leonard at the time of his WWII draft registration on 16 Feb 1942.
United States World War II Draft Registration Card, Leonard E. Fancher, serial no. T-1463, local board no. 92, Chicago, Illinois.
Also, U.S., Public Records Index, 1950-1993, Volume 1, Phoenix, Arizona, Judith A. Hatch, birth 8 July 1942.
3. The Maroon 1957 (Chicago, Illinois: Hirsch High School Class of 1957), p. 55, Sophomore A’s, Susanne Fancher.
Also, ‘58 Maroon, Hirsch High School (Chicago, Illinois : Senior Classes, 1958), pages 36, 40, 56-57, Judith and Susanne Fancher.
– page 36, juniors, S. Fancher
– page 40, sophomores, J. Fancher
– page 56-57, Glee Club 1 photo, row 2, 5th from left, Judith Fancher
– page 56-57, Glee Club 2 photo, row 4, 3rd from right, Susanne Fancher.
4. As told to the author by Susanne’s sister, Judith Fancher Hatch.
5. “Susanne F. Doughty, Employee Psychiatric Center,” obituary, Star-Gazette (Elmira, New York), 1 March 1998, p. 18, col. 2. Also, “Mending a Broken Heart,” Susanne Fancher Doughty news article, Star-Gazette (Elmira, Chemung County, New York), 10 May 1998, p. 30, col 2.
Also, Find A Grave, memorial 195007573, Susanne A. Fancher Doughty (1941–1998), Forest Lawn Memorial Park, Elmira, Chemung County, New York.
Citing this page: Kimberli Faulkner Hull, author, “Susanne A. Faulkner Fancher” Cool Adventures
( https://cooladventures.com/genealogy/susanne-a-fancher-doughty-1941-1998 : posted 2021).