Compiled and written by Kimberli Faulkner Hull
4th cousin 1x removed
The contents of this website, including images and photos, may neither be copied nor otherwise used or posted elsewhere without explicit permission. Citing this page
© Kimberli Faulkner Hull
Beulah Fay Phillis was born on 27 November 1908 in Center, Morgan County, Ohio to Jesse Q. Phillis and Jesse White.1
Beulah spent her childhood with her parents and siblings, Clair, Edith, Faunna, and Clarence, on the family farm in Center Township.2
In 1925, Beulah, who had tuberculosis, became very ill with double pneumonia, and her illness carried into 1926.3
Beulah died at the age of 19 on 7 December 1927 in Center, Morgan County, Ohio and is buried in Phillis Cemetery in Center.4
1. Morgan County, Ohio, Birth Register, vol. 3, p. 135, no. 133, Beaula Fay Phillis, 27 Nov 1908. Place of birth: Center, Morgan County. Parents: Jesse Phillis and Jesse White.
2. 1910 U.S. census, Center Twp, Morgan County, Ohio population schedule, enumeration district (ED) 39, sheet 8B, dwelling 191, family 205, Jesse Q. Phillis household.
– Jessie Q. Phillis, age 28, married once for 4 years, born in Ohio
– Jessie L., wife, age 27, married once for 4 years, born in Ohio, 1 child born, 1 living
– Beulah F., daughter, age 1 year 9 months, born in Ohio
Also, 1920 U.S. census, Center Twp, Morgan County, Ohio population schedule, enumeration district (ED) 67, sheet 8B, dwelling 210, family 213, Jesse Q. Phillis household.
– Jesse Q. Phillis, age 38, born in Ohio, farmer
– Jessie L., wife, age 36, married, born in Ohio
– Bulah F., daughter, age 11, born in Ohio
– Clair P., son, age 9, born in Ohio – Edith I., daughter, age 7, born in Ohio
– Fauna M., daughter, age 2 years 8 months, born in Ohio
– Clarence R., son, age 2 months, born in Ohio
3. “Beulah Phillis Relapses, Now has Double Pneumonia,” newspaper article, Morgan County Democrat (McConnelsville, Ohio), 31 Dec 1925, p. 9, col. 4.
Also, “Dr. Fiscus and Jesse Phillis Take Beulah Phillis to Marietta,” newspaper article, Morgan County Democrat (McConnelsville, Ohio), 5 Apr 1926, p. 2, col. 3.
Also, State of Ohio, Certificate of Death, Center, Morgan County, no. 71805, Miss Beulah Fay Phillis, 7 Dec 1927. Single. Birth: 25 Nov 1908, Centerville, Ohio. Occupation: A farmer’s daughter. Cause of death: Labor Pneumonia, contributory Pulmonary tuberculosis. Parents: Jessie Q. Phillis, born in Ohio, and Jessie L. Phillis, born near Hackney, Ohio. Burial: Phillis Cemetery, 9 Dec 1927.
Also, headstone reads: Beulah Fay / Phillis / 1908 – 1927.
Find A Grave, memorial 11526231, Beulah Fay Phillis (1908–1927), Phillis Cemetery, Center Township, Morgan County, Ohio with headstone photo.
Citing this page: Kimberli Faulkner Hull, author, “ Beulah Fay Phillis,” Cool Adventures
( https://cooladventures.com/genealogy/beulah-fay-phillis/: posted 2022).