🏠 » Collection » Postcards
Compiled by Kimberli Faulkner Hull
The contents of this website, including images and photos, may neither be copied nor otherwise used or posted elsewhere without explicit permission. Citing this page
© Kimberli Faulkner Hull
Thank you for the card. Cousin, M
Miss Edna Dolliver
#16 Berry St., Danvers, Mass
Edna Marion Dolliver
Edna Marion Dolliver was born 27 October 1892 in Somerville, Middlesex County, Massachusetts to Farish Dolliver and Elizabeth “Lizzie” Gibney.1 In 1910, three years after the postcard was mailed, the Dollliver family was living at the address on the postcard, 16 Berry Street in Danvers, Massachusetts.2
Edna’s mother, Elizabeth Gabney Dollliver, died on 19 March 1942 and her father, Farish Grimes, Dolliver, died 20 December 1945.3
Edna was a member of the Daughters of the American Revolution and was photographed with the Gen. Israel Putnam chapter in 1970.4
Edna Marion Dolliver died 17 November 1979 in Danvers.5 Edna is buried along with her parents in Wenham Cemetery in Wenham, Essex County, Massachusetts.6
Description and Acquisition
Item: On the Verdigris River, Independence, Kansas, penny postcard to Edna Dolliver, Danvers, Massachusetts, 1907; privately held by the Faulkner-Hull Collection, Massachusetts.
Item acquisition: Online, 2018
1. Somerville, Middlesex County, Massachusetts, 1892 Births Register, p. 369, no. 936, Edna Marion Dolliver, female, 27 Oct 1892.
Place of birth: Somerville. Parents: Farish, born in Nova Scotia, and Lizzie Gibney, born in Hamilton, Massachusetts. Father’s occupation: Engineer.
2. 1910 U.S. census, Danvers, Essex County, Massachusetts, population schedule, enumeration district (ED) 279, sheet 5A, dwelling 89, family 121, Farish Dolliver household.
Address: 16 Berry Street
– Farish Dolliver, age 54, married 19 years, born in Canada
– Elizabeth M., wife, age 38, married 19 years, born in Massachusetts, 1 child born, 1 living
– Edna, daughter, age 17, single, born in Massachusetts
3. “Elizabeth Dolliver,” obituary, Danvers Herald (Danvers, Massachusetts), 23 Apr 1942, p. 6, col. 4.
Also, “Farish Grimes Dolliver,” obituary, Danvers Herald (Danvers, Massachusetts), 27 Dec 1945, p. 6, col. 7.
4. “DAR Marks 75th Anniversary with Party,” group photo with Edna Dolliver, Danvers Herald (Danvers, Massachusetts), 30 Apr 1970, p. 10, col. 1.
5. Massachusetts, U.S., Death Index, 1970-2003, Danvers, no. 048568, 17 Nov 1979, Edna M. Dolliver.
6. Headstone reads: Dolliver / Farish G. / 1856-1945 / His Wife / Elizabeth Gibney / 1871-1942 / Edna M. Daughter / 1892-1979.
Find A Grave, memorial 16149642, Edna Marion Dolliver (1892–1979), Wenham Cemetery, Wenham, Essex County, Massachusetts, with headstone photo.
Citing this page: Kimberli Faulkner Hull, compiler, “Faulkner and Lawson Drug Co. items, South Boston, Virginia,” Cool Adventures (https://cooladventures.com/collection/verdigris-river-independence-kansas-postcard-1907/: published 2022); privately held by the Faulkner–Hull Collection, Massachusetts.