Compiled and written by Kimberli Faulkner Hull © Chasing Light Media
Niece of Clarence Charles Faulkner
The contents of this website, including images and photos, may neither be copied nor otherwise used or posted elsewhere without explicit permission.
Clarence Charles Faulkner was born on 10 Jan 1920 in Chicago, Illinois, to Charles Fountain Faulkner and Lora E. Swafford Faulkner.1 Clarence attended Parker High School in Chicago and then worked for Sears, Roebuck and Company prior to serving in the military.2
Clarence entered the Army on 23 July 1942 and was stationed at Camp McCoy in Wisconsin in the Field Artillery branch.3
On 3 February 1945, Pvt. Clarence Faulkner married Lillian Lodema Albert at the home of Rev. M. R. Gaulke in Chicago. Their attendants were Arlene Dart of Robinson and Pvt. Alfred Zielinksi. Clarence’s parents hosted a reception following the wedding at their home.4
Lillian was born 10 Dec 1924 in Landes, Crawford County, Illinois, the daughter of Francis I. Albert and Bertha A. Legg Albert.5
Clarence was released from the Army 25 March 1946 and Clarence, Lillian, and their children lived in the Chicago and Calumet City areas until they moved to Florida in 1969.6
After moving to Florida, Clarence, who later in life went by “Chuck,” was an active baseball enthusiast.7
Clarence Charles “Chuck” Faulkner died at the age of 79 on 18 January 1999 in Kissimmee, Osceola County, Florida.8
Lillian Lodema Albert Faulkner died at the age of 81 on 3 August 2006 in in Kissimmee, Osceola County, Florida.9
Citing this page: Kimberli Faulkner Hull, author, “Clarence Charles ‘Chuck’ Faulkner,” Chasing Light Media, Cool Adventures ( https://cooladventures.com/genealogy/clarence-charles-faulkner-1920-1999 : posted 2021).
- Chicago, Cook County, Illinois, Cook County Clerk, Cook County Courthouse, certificate no. 64421, Charles Clarence Faulkner, 10 Jan 1920. Notes: Birth record was registered in 1942. Also, name on record was listed as Charles Clarence Faulkner, but he used Clarence Charles Faulkner.
- “3 Brothers Meet at Wedding for First Time in 4 Years,” Pvt. Clarence Faulkner and Lillian Albert marriage announcement, Southtown Economist (Chicago, Illinois), 11 Feb 1945, p. 10, col. 3. Also, United States World War II Draft Registration Card, Clarence Charles Faulkner, serial no. S 133, Local Draft Board no. 89, Chicago, Cook County, Illinois.
- Ibid. Also, Department of Veterans Affairs, Beneficiary Identification Records Locator Subsystem (BIRLS) Death File, Washington, D.C.: U.S, Clarence Faulkner. Birth: 10 Jan 1920. Branch: Army. Enlistment: 23 July 1942. Release: 25 Mar 1946. Death: 19 Jan 1999.
Also, National Archives and Records Administration, College Park, Maryland, Record Group 64, World War II Army Enlistment Records, Electronic Army Serial Number Merged File, 1938-1946, Clarence C. Faulkner. Rank: Private First Class. Branch: Field Artillery.
Also, “Southtowner Gets 2nd Lieutenant Bars at 19,” news article, Suburbanite Economist (Chicago, Cook County, Illinois), 24 Feb 1943, p. 1. col. 2.
- Chicago, Cook County, Illinois, “Cook County Genealogy Records (Marriages),” license no. 60D24361-362B-49B3-A42E-2F3E32DF810A, Faulkner–Albert marriage, 2 Feb 1945. Note: Marriage license record states marriage occurred 2 Feb 1945; news article states 3 Feb 1995, which was a Saturday. Also “3 Brothers Meet at Wedding for First Time in 4 Years,” Pvt. Clarence Faulkner and Lillian Albert marriage announcement, Southtown Economist (Chicago, Illinois), 11 Feb 1945, p. 10, col. 3.
- Social Security Administration, U.S., Social Security Applications and Claims Index, 1936-2007, Lillian Lodema Albert Faulkner. Birth: 10 Dec 1924, Landes, Crawford County, Illinois. Parents: Francis I. Albert and Bertha A. Legg. Death: 3 Aug 2006.
- BIRLS Death File, Clarence Faulkner. Also, “Clarence Chuck Faulkner, obituary, Orlando Sentinel (Orlando, Orange County, Florida), 20 Jan 1999, p. 36, col. 2.
- “Senior Winds Up Once More,” news article, The Orlando Sentinel (Orlando, Florida), Osceola Section, 29 May 1987, p. 1, col. 2. Also, “Faulkner Proves He Still has Stuff,” news article, The Orlando Sentinel (Orlando, Florida), 2 Jun 1987, p. 12, col. 1.
- “Clarence Chuck Faulkner, obituary, Orlando Sentinel (Orlando, Orange County, Florida), 20 Jan 1999, p. 36, col. 2. Also, Clarence Chuck Faulkner,” obituary, Chicago Tribune (Chicago, Cook County, Illinois) 26 Jan 1999, p. 126, col. 2.
- “Lillian L. Faulkner,” obituary, The Orlando Sentinel (Orlando, Florida), 5 Aug 2006, p. B7, col. 2.