🏠 » Genealogy » Faulkner family
Compiled and written by Kimberli Faulkner Hull
1st cousin 2X removed of Richard Edward Faulkner
The contents of this website, including images and photos, may neither be copied nor otherwise used or posted elsewhere without explicit permission. Citing this page
© Kimberli Faulkner Hull
Richard Edward Faulkner was born on 13 November 1907 in Trigg County, Kentucky to Wilson Lee Faulkner and Emma Blanks.1 As a child and young adult, Richard lived on the family farm in Trigg County with his parents and sister, Nellie, and aunt, Susan Faulkner Davis.2
[Open Endnotes in separate tab]
Richard married Wilma Ernestine Wilson in the 1930s and the couple lived with Richard’s parents after their marriage.3 Wilma Wilson Faulkner died in 1995 at the age of 87.4
By the 1950s, Richard had moved to Evansville, Vanderburgh County, Indiana.5 On 14 February 1963, Richard married Edna Marie Schmuck Brown Cunningham in Mt. Vernon, Posey County, Indiana.6
Richard Edward Faulkner died at the age of 65 on 20 June 1973 in Chandler, Warrick County, Indiana.7 Richard is buried in Greenwood Cemetery in Chandler.8
1. Trigg County, Kentucky, Births Register 1907, Not named Faulkner, 13 Nov 1907. Sex: Female [carried down – error]. Father: W. L. Faulkner. Mother: Pearl Holland [Emma Blanks on the previous line with Pollard birth – error]. Parents’ residence: Wallonia.
Also, birthdate and location listed on WWII draft registration card.
United States World War II Draft Registration Card, Richard Edward Faulkner, serial no.1161 , Local Draft Board 154, Cadiz, Trigg County, Kentucky. Birth: 13 Nov 1907, Trigg County, Kentucky.
2. 1910 U.S. census, Trigg County, Kentucky, population schedule, enumeration district (ED) 152, sheet 1A, dwelling 7, family 7, Wilson L. Faulkner household.
– Wilson L. Faulkner, age 46, married 18 years, born in Kentucky, farmer
– Emma, wife, age 42, married 18 years, born in Kentucky
– Nellie C, daughter, age 13, born in Kentucky
– Richard E., son, age 2, born in Kentucky
1920 U.S. census, Wallonia, Trigg County, Kentucky, population schedule, enumeration district (ED) 177, sheet 8B, dwelling 165, family 174, Wilson Lee Faulkner household.
– Wilson Lee Faulkner, age 56, married, born in Kentucky, farmer
– Emma, wife, age 51, married, born in Kentucky
– Richard, son, age 12, born in Kentucky
– Davis, Susan C., sister, age 69, widowed, born in Kentucky
3. No marriage record was found for Richard and Wilma. However, Richard was single in 1930 and married in 1940, with the couple stating they were living in the same house in 1935.
1930 U.S. census, Trigg County, Kentucky, district 4, population schedule, enumeration district (ED) 111-8, sheet 2A, dwelling 29, family 30, Lee Faulkner household.
– Lee Faulkner, age 66, married, born in Kentucky, farmer
– Emma, wife, age 62, married, born in Kentucky
– Richard, son, age 22, single, born in Kentucky, farmer
Also, 1940 U.S. census, Trigg County, Kentucky, district 4, population schedule, enumeration district (ED) 111-8, sheet 7B, dwelling 138, Lee Faulkner household.
– Lee Faulkner, age 76, married, born in Kentucky, farmer, same house in 1935
– Emma, wife, age 72, married, born in Kentucky, same house in 1935
– Richard, son, age 32, married, born in Kentucky, farmer, same house in 1935
– Wilma, daughter-in-law, age 32, married, born in Kentucky, same house in 1935
4. “Wilma Wilson Faulkner,” obituary, The Cadiz Record (Cadiz, Kentucky), 19 Apr 1995, p. A4, col. 3.
Also, “Wilma Faulkner,” obituary, The Paducah Sun (Paducah, Kentucky), 18 Apr 1995, p. 2A, col. 2.
5. “2 Evansville Persons Hurt in Crash at Mortons Gap,” newspaper article, Evansville Press (Evansville, Indiana), 19 May 1954, p. 17, col. 3.
6. Posey County Indiana, Record of Marriage, no. 63-032333, Richard E. Faulkner–Edna Maria Cunningham, 14 Feb 1963. Place of marriage: Mt. Vernon, Posey County. Return: 18 Feb 1963, book 23, p. 511.
Groom: Richard E. Faulkner, age 55. Place of birth: Kentucky. Residence: Henderson, Kentucky. Occupation: Hospital attendant. Previous marriages: 1, divorce.
Bride: Edna Marie Cunningham, age 51. Place of birth: Indiana. Residence: Henderson, Kentucky. Previous marriages: 1, death.
7. Indiana State Board of Health, Medical Certificate of Death, state no. 73-024564, Richard Faulkner, 20 June 1973. Age: 65. Married. Birth: 13 Nov 1907. Residence: Chandler, Warrick, Indiana. Hospital: 220 E. Adams, Chandler, Indiana. Spouse: Edna Faulkner. Occupation: Laborer, Retired, State Hospital. Parents: John and Elizabeth Faulkner. Informant: Edna Faulkner. Burial: Greenwood Cemetery, 23 June 1973. Note: Parents names are incorrect.
Also, U.S., Social Security Death Index, 1935-2014, Richard Faulkner, June 1973. Birth 13 Nov 1907. Last residence: Chandler, Warrick, Indiana.
8. Headstone reads: Faulkner / Richard / Nov. 13, 1907 / June 20, 1973 | Edna M. / Oct. 5, 1911.
Find A Grave, memorial 16451976, Richard Faulkner (1907–1973), Greenwood Cemetery, Chandler, Warrick County, Indiana with headstone photo.
Note: Note: Edna was not buried with Richard; Edna is buried with her second husband, Otho Cunningham, Find A Grave memorial 115535697
Citing this page: Kimberli Faulkner Hull, author, “Richard Edward Faulkner,” Cool Adventures
( https://cooladventures.com/richard-edward-faulkner/ : published 2021).