Compiled and written by Kimberli Faulkner Hull © Chasing Light Media
The contents of this website, including images and photos, may neither be copied nor otherwise used or posted elsewhere without explicit permission.
Edna Marie Schmuck was born on 5 Oct 1911 in Posey County, Indiana to John Conrad Schmuck and Anna M. Roedel.1
Edna married first to Ralph Emil Brown on 5 Dec 1931 in Evansville, Vanderburgh County, Indiana.2 The couple had four known children: Earl, Gene, Donald R. and Iona.3 Ralph Brown died in 1984.4
Edna married second to Richard Edward Faulkner, the son of Wilson Lee Faulkner and Emma Blanks. Richard died in 1973.5
Edna Marie Schmuck Faulkner died on 26 Aug 1990 in Boonville, Warrick County, Indiana and is buried in Greenwood Cemetery in Chandler.6
Citing this page: Kimberli Faulkner Hull, author, “Edna Marie Schmuck Brown Faulkner,” Chasing Light Media, Cool Adventures ( https://cooladventures.com/genealogy/edna-marie-schmuck-brown-faulkner-1911-1990/ : posted 2021).
- Date of birth and location: State of Indiana, State Board of Health, certificate of death, no. 90-032224, Edna Faulkner, 26, 1990. Death: Warrick Hospital, Boonville, Warrick County. Widowed. Birth: 5 Oct 1911, Posey County, Illinois. Father: John Conrad [Schmuck]. Informant: Gene Brown, son. Burial: Grapevine Cemetery, 28 Aug 1990. Also, Social Security Administration, U.S., Social Security Death Index, Edna M Faulkner, Aug 1990. Birth: 5 Oct 1911.
Middle name in son’s birth record: State of Indiana, Bureau of Vital Statistics, Certificate of Birth, no. 3035, Donald Ray Brown, 7 Jan 1935. Parents: Ralph E. Brown and Edna Marie Schmuck.
Residing in parents’ household: 1920 U.S. census, Marrs Township, Posey County, Indiana, population schedule, enumeration district (ED) 58, sheet 4B, dwelling 73, John C. Schmuck household.
John C. Schmuck, age 45, married, farmer, born in Indiana
Anna M. Schmuck, age 43, wife, married, born in Indiana
Freida L. Schmuck, age 20, daughter, born in Indiana
John G. Schmuck, age 18, son, born in Indiana
William H. Schmuck, age 14, son, born in Indiana
Edna M. Schmuck, age 8, daughter, born in Indiana
- State of Indiana, Marriages Index, Evansville, Vanderburgh County, Indiana, Ralph E. Brown–Edna Schmuck, 5 Dec 1931.
- 1940 U.S. census, Marrs Township, Posey County, Indiana, population schedule, enumeration district (ED) 65-15, sheet 9B, dwelling 173, Ralph Brown household.
Ralph Brown, age 27, married, farmer, born in Indiana
Edna Brown, age 28, wife, married, born in Indiana
Earl Brown, age 7, son, born in Indiana
Gene Brown, age 6, son, born in Indiana
Donald Brown, age 5, son, born in Indiana
Iona Brown, age 2, daughter, born in Indiana
- “Ralph E. Brown,” obituary, The Orlando Sentinel (Orlando, Florida), 19 Aug 1984, p. 30, col. 4.
- “Edna Faulkner Thank You Notice,” newspaper notice, The Cadiz Record (Cadiz, Kentucky), 18 Oct 1973, p. 10, col. 8.
- State of Indiana, State Board of Health, certificate of death, no. 90-032224, Edna Faulkner, 26, 1990.Burial location listed on death certificate. Also, Find A Grave, memorial 219558523, Edna Marie Schmuck Brown Faulkner (1911–1990), Greenwood Cemetery, Chandler, Warrick County, Indiana; no headstone, memorial created by Kimberli Faulkner Hull (contributor 49572158).