If you’ve ever wished your skis had wheels as you hauled them around a resort, then you’re in luck.
PortaSki is a small device that quickly attaches to your skis enabling your skis to be pulled on wheels.
Giving the PortaSki a whirl
Attaching the PortaSki to your skis is pretty easy.
Simply remove the PortaSki device from the box (which by the way is very attractive).
The “handle” detaches from the part of the PortaSki with the wheels.
The wheels are part of tray where your skis sit.
That piece of the Porta Ski has a velcro strap that wraps around the bottom of your skis.
The handle also has a velcro strap that attaches to the upper part of the skis.
Now, you’re good to go & you simply pull the skis behind you.
- The instructions are pretty minimal, but I figured out how to make it work with only a couple of errors (it doesn’t work if you put the handle on the underside and try to pull it).
- We tried the PortaSki on the cobblestones at Aspen Highlands and it worked well on the uneven surface.
- There’s a 3rd strap – I wasn’t sure what it was for – but have since learned it is to strap your poles on the skis.
- I first tried it with my fat skis (Rossignol S7s) and they wouldn’t fit but switched to my all-around Völkls and it worked fine.
- Not sure what you do with the device once you get to the mountain. It’s too big for your pocket, so you’d need to store it in a locker or backpack.
- Overall, if you are looking for a way to wheel your skis around instead of lugging them on your shoulder, it works and is pretty inexpensive.
- Would make a good gift for a skier – the box is very attractive.
- You can purchase PortaSki on the PortaSki website
- PortaSki costs £19.95 + £5.00 postage – that’s about $40 US (they ship to the US)
- PortaSki comes with a two-year guarantee
- Compact design – 11cm x 9.5cm x 6.5cm
- Lightweight – 217 grams
Disclosure & disclaimer: We received a product sample for evaluation for this review and were not otherwise financially compensated by the sponsor. Some samples are donated following the review. Reviews are opinion only and Chasing Light Media accepts no responsibility for how the information is used. Some reviews link to products sold through Chasing Light Media’s Amazon.com affiliate account.